Overview of the department
The Mathematics Department is one of the oldest Departments in the College. The department of mathematics strives to be recognized for academic excellence through the depth of its teaching and research, and to be locally relevant through its role in the development of the community. It serves while aligning with global technology. The mission of the mathematics department is to provide an environment where students can become mathematical thinkers, competent users and problem solvers of mathematics and mathematical applications and enable them to become lifelong learners and function as productive citizens.
The department has an outstanding, internationally recognized faculty supported by excellent facilities for both teaching and research. The department proud to have 100%
Pass percentage at Andhra University Examination consistently.
Resources of Literature:
The adequate learning resources of both national and international books related to the subject are available in the Library to expand the horizon of knowledge.
OBJECTIVES OF OUR DEPARTMENT
1. To offer a set of core courses in mathematics aimed at developing the student’s intellectual curiosity, creative ability and habit of independent study.
2. To provide the opportunity for the student to participate in research projects, summer training, seminars, work experiences, participation in congresses, exchange of students and creative projects.
3. To promote ethics in the profession in the courses or in other academic activities, such as: conferences, orientations and seminars.
4. To train professionals in the education of mathematics at all levels.
5. To provide opportunities for the student to participate in collaborative work and develop their leadership and group work skills.
6. To facilitate and promote second concentration in mathematics for students of other disciplines.
7. To provide mentoring through postgraduate students and teachers to individualize and enrich the student’s mathematical experience.
8. To provide courses, mentoring, participation in research projects and other activities for students interested in pursuing graduate studies in mathematics.
9. To provide the opportunity for students to concentrate in mathematics to study related fields.
Adaptive technology offers students immediate, detailed feedback on their work, allowing them to focus on areas where they need improvement. Explore their features through assignment and projects. Some other platforms to enhance the Knowledge
– Practical orientation through projects.
– Charts and assignments.