Motto: The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The mottos suggested were “Duty and Discipline”; “Duty, Unity and Discipline”; “Duty and Unity”; “Unity and Discipline”. The final decision for selection of “Unity and Discipline” as motto for the NCC was taken in the 12th CAC meeting held on 12 Oct 1980.
Aim : The ‘Aims’ of the NCC laid out in 1988 have stood the test of time and continue to meet the requirements expected of it in the current socio–economic scenario of the country.
The college can be justifiably proud of its N.C.C Unit which started in the year 1994 has trained several of its students to be outstanding cadets with a daring, indomitable and fearless spirit. Our cadets have attended mountaineering camp, trekking camp, National integration camp and Republic Day parade etc. We are proud of our cadets for bringing laurels to the college. They are always outstanding as best cadets, best in Drill and best in Firing
Associate NCC officer
Lt. P. Sivaranjini
St Ann’s college for women
2(A) girls Battalion vzm
The NCC is a responsive, learning and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain Core Values that we endeavour to instill among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:
– A sense of patriotic commitment to encourage cadets to contribute to national development.
– Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, life style and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
– Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
– Understanding the value of a just and impartial exercise of authority.
– Ability to participate in community development and other social programme.
– A healthy life style free of substance abuse and other unhealthy practices.
– Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
– Inculcating habits of restraint and self-awareness.
– Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work.
– Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas.