The Department of PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION was established in 1991in St. Ann’s college for women. The first Batch undergraduate students completed their 3 years Bachelor’s Degree with History, Economics & Public administration group in March 1994. From that year onwards, it has been continuing as a subject in B.A. Degree course. So far, 28 Batches went out with good marks. The Department of PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION has been achieving 100% pass result since 1991. Miss.E.P.S. Bhagya Lakshmi & Miss. Y.Anasuya Devi are the faculty members of the department. Miss. Bhagya Lakshmi joined in 1993 & completed 28 years service & Miss. Y.Anasuya Devi joined in 1998 & completed 23 years service. Both occupied second & third position in the college in seniority. It is very creditable that in top three seniors, two members belongs to this Department. Both the faculty members are NSS programme officers of Unit –I & II of the college. Miss. E.P.S. Bhagya Lakshmi Received INDIRA GANDHI NSS NATIONAL BEST PROGRAMME OFFICER AWARD on 19th November 2015 by the hands of THE THEN HOUNORABLE PRESIDENT OF INDIA In DARBAR HALL OF RASHTRAPATHI BHAVAN. Miss. Y. Anasuya Devi Received STATE LEVEL NSS BEST PROGRAMME OFFICER AWARD on 24th September 2015 by the GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH at NTR HEALTH UNIVERSITY, Vijayawada by the hands of The then HEALTH MINISTER OF STATE GOVERNMENT Sri KAMINENI SRINIVASA RAO. The innovative feature of this Department is engaging students in community work through NSS & Administrative projects. It is very proud to say that most of the BA students opted Politics & public Administration in their Post-graduate studies. Most of the Alumnae of this Department are settled as Public servants, politicians, teachers, lawyers & Journalists.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT: Making Women as efficient Administrators & leaders to achieve WOMEN EMPOWERMENT.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT: Information, formation & transformation is the Mission of Department of PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION.
OBJECTIVES OF THE SUBJECT:
1. To provide theoretical as well as practical knowledge on Management of public organizations.
2. To provide life skills like- communication skill, Decision making skill, problem solving skill & critical thinking skill to make the student to become an effective leader.
3. To provide skills in formulating & implementing policies
4. To give knowledge on Administrative systems from global to local
5. To utilize Human resource as a tool of Development
6. To give knowledge on Working pattern of E-governance.
1. Project on “Success of welfare programmes of union & state governments”.
2. Project on :policy formulation on an issue by using problem solving skill”.
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES :
1. Celebration of all important National days like Republic day, Independence day, constitution day & voters day etc…
2. Survey on socio economic status of people of the slums & preparation of reports.
3. Submitting survey reports to people’s representatives & concerned officials.
4. Conducting elocution, Debate, Essay writing & quiz competitions and distributing prizes & certificates to the participants & winners.
5. Conducting group discussions & panel discussions
6. Providing opportunities to participating Mock parliament, youth parliament & women parliament.
7. Writing papers to submit in the seminars
8. Conducting seminars, discussions, workshops & conferences.
9. Extension lectures by academicians, Administrators & social activists.
10. Coaching for competitive examinations
11. Field trips to Municipal corporation, MRO office & Collectorate.
The main problem in India is lack of proper implementation of policies & laws. If implementation is proper, we can achieve lot of progress within a short span of time. Public Administration deals with implementation of policies, laws & programmes. Hence, if future citizens & administrators will be motivated towards proper implementation of policies & laws , all problems will be solved. In this direction, we can say that PUBLIC ADMINSTRATION is the necessary subject of future generations & a hope of Humanity.
In employment purpose also this subject has many prospects. The students of Public Administration can get jobs as Managers & Administrators of major companies & organizations. They can become civil servants through competitive examinations. They also can become project managers , policy Analysts & news correspondents of Media. They can play a vital role as PROs & media advisors. In research side also somany prospects are there. Particularly the areas like organization & methods, E-governance , local self governments , welfare administration have their own demand in Research arena.