The Statistics Department is one of the Departments in the College. The department of statistics strives to be recognized for academic excellence through the depth of its teaching and research, and to be locally relevant through its role in the development of the community. The mission of the Statistics department is to provide high quality educational programs through adoption of different teaching methods and comprehensive programs.
The department has an outstanding faculty supported by excellent facilities for both teaching and research. The department proud to have 100% pass percentage at Andhra University Examination consistently.
OBJECTIVES OF DEPARTMENT
1. To provide the opportunity for the student to participate in research projects, seminars, work experience, exchange of students and creative projects.
2. To promote ethics in the profession in the courses or in other academic activities, such as: conferences, orientations and seminars.
3. To train professionals in the education of statistics at all levels.
4. To provide opportunities for the student to participate in collaborative work and develop their leadership and group work skills.
5. To offer a set of core courses in statistics aimed at developing the student’s intellectual curiosity, creative ability and habit of independent study.
6. To provide for professional graduates in the field of statistics and operational research.
7. To provide courses, mentoring, participation in research projects and other activities for students interested in pursuing graduate studies in statistics.
8. To provide the opportunity for students to concentrate in statistics to study related fields.
9. To allow students to participate in conduction of feasibility studies for programs submitted to the department in order to acquire experience.
Some other platforms to enhance the Knowledge
– Practical orientation through projects.