The Department of Zoology was started at ST. ANN’S COLLEGE FOR WOMEN in the year 2018 for CBZ group.
The Department has an outstanding, recognized faculty supported by excellent facilities for both teaching and research. The Department proud to have 100% pass percentage at ANDHRA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION CONSISTANTLY.
1. To impart the knowledge is the basic aim of education. The students are expected to acquire the knowledge of animal science, natural phenomenon, manipulation of nature & environment by man.
2. Understanding the scientific terms, concepts, phenomenon & their inter relationships.
Applications of knowledge.
3. To develop skills in practical work, experiments & laboratory materials, instruments.
4. To develop interest in the subject & scientific hobbies.
5. To develop scientific attitude which is the major objective? This makes the students open minded, critical observations, curiosity, thinking etc.
6. Abilities to apply scientific methods, collection of scientific data, problem solving, organize science exhibition, clubs etc.
7. Appreciation of the subject, contribution of scientists, scientific methods, scientific programs etc.
Adaptive technology offers students immediate , detailed feedback on their work, allowing them to focus on areas where they need improvement. Explore their features through assignment and projects. Some other platforms to enhance the knowledge :
3. Practical orientation through projects
4. Charts and Assignments
RESOURCES OF LITERATURE :
The adequate learning resources of both national and international books related to the subject are available in the Library to expand the horizon of knowledge.
DEPARTMENT FACILITIES :
2. Spotters and Slides
3. Water bath
6. Dissection Kits.
VISION AND MISSION
The Department of Zoology seeks to:
1. Provide a sound education in basic science
2. Inculcate high values through a liberal education
3. Promote research and learning at the PG level and beyond
4. Provide a broad range of non-formal educational services
5. Transform society through the empowerment of women
6. Provide inexpensive educational services to the weaker sections of society and
7. Reinvent ourselves in response to the changing demands of society