The Department of Hindi was started at ST. ANNS COLLEGE FOR WOMEN in the year 1991. Hindi subject was started for B.A, BSC and B.COM in the same year 1991.
The Department has an outstanding, recognized faculty supported by excellent facilities for both teaching and research. The Department proud to have 100% pass percentage at ANDHRA UNIVERSITY EXAMINATION CONSISTANTLY.
The Department had only one post. Till 2009 Hindi Lecturers continued in their services. From 2009 September A.Adilakshmi joined in a Hindi Department as assistant profession. Till today she is continuing her services.
1.To enrich the student communication skills.
2. Organize seminars, cultural Activities, Hindi Divas and international Language Divas every year for student academic progression.
RESOURCES OF LITERATURE:
The adequate learning resources of both national and international books related to the subject are available in the library to expand the horizon study.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
1. The Department of Hindi will create a climate on campus and in the greater community that promotes tolerance and acceptance of differing view point which will foster civic mindedness and civic responsibility.
2. The Department will contribute to a better understanding of the world by engaging and supporting inter cultural and inter disciplinary studies.
3. The Department is also committed to the process of developing, refining, and implementing an active assessment process that how to improve over educational and Co-circular offerings.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
1.To provide basic knowledge regarding concepts, theories, issues and debates that characterize the study of contemporary Hindi.
2.To give importance on serving social, cultural and economic needs of the community and the society.
3.The Department should built it distance heritage and archive a better integration.
CULTURAL EVENTS ORGANISED BY THE HINDI DEPARTMENT:
1. HINDI DIVAS
2. ANTARASHTRIYA MATRUBHASHA DIVAS
3. TEACHERS DAY
4. POETRY RECREATION
5. LITERARY COMPITITIONS
6. INDEPENDENCE DAY
8. CELEBRATIONS OF SPECIAL DAYS