The department was established in 2019 in St. Ann’s degree college for women and offers UG courses. Biotechnology is the research-oriented science including a fusion of biology and technology. The Department had only one post. In 2019 May M. Sudha rani joined as assistant professor. Till today she is continuing her services.
The Department tries to achieve the overall goals and objectives of the college.
– To impart basic knowledge and skills of various aspects of biotechnology
– To train the students for challenging careers in the biotechnology and lay a strong foundation for higher study and research in this subject for industrial need and also to pursue further education.
Vision of the department:
Our vision is to produce competent Biotechnologists who can employ premium processes and applications which will profoundly influence existing paradigm of agriculture, industry, healthcare and restoration of environment providing sustainable competitive edge to present society.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
– To provide Biotechnology educational Program with impetus to generate quality workforce.
– To create awareness about potentials of Biotechnology with socio-ethical implications.
– To instill spirit of innovation and creativity in young minds with sound research aptitude.
– To nurture confident individuals who are effective contributors towards growth of the nation.